During the next two years, Chris looks forward to pursuing the following goals/projects:
- Continued efficient and effective management of citizen tax dollars.
- Exploration of partnership opportunities to provide affordable internet service to
- Scheduling and/or completion of all projects on the 2012 and 2014 bond programs.
- Construction of Fire Station 8, which is critical to maintain response times in the southeastern part of the City.
- Implementation of the 100% Renewable Plan.
- Completion of the restoration of City Hall West / 1927 City Hall.
Note: The Texas Historical Commission lists the building as 1927 City Hall, denoting the year in which it was built.
- Application for 1927 City Hall to be included on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Implementation of design standards for the National Register District and promotion of preservation efforts throughout the downtown area.
- Promotion of historic designations throughout the city.
- Implementation of recommendations made by the Denton County Homelessness Leadership Team and continuation of work with social service agencies to meet the needs of those less fortunate.
- Completion of design of a new municipal building to house some city staff.
Note: This building will not be a replacement for our O’Neil Ford City Hall, which will remain intact.